“Konsum” is as well known in Leipzig as the “Gewandhaus” or the “Thomanerchor”. The strength of the company lies in its regional roots. Board members Michael Faupel and Dirk Thärichen work daily to modernise the company, which is over 130 years old. Their aims: to be a good neighbour and provider of service to the customer, both now and in the future. With a 3-year roadmap, they are updating their entire IT system and putting all business processes to the test. The first step tackled the digitisation of the branches and the delivery service.
DRS Superdata works with Konsum Leipzig as a competent partner in the planning and implementation of the new IT strategy.
Our services within the scope of the project:
- Introduction of the picking solution including an app for the delivery service from the branch
- Implementation of a portal for the planning and processing of the picking orders and the delivery routes
- Introduction of a mobile POS for the delivery service for transactions at the doorstep. The mobile POS is fully integrated into the back office system of the branch making the delivery.
- Introduction of new POSs, initially in a pilot branch. Special features:
- Intuitive screen for making transactions without elaborate training
- “Bottle to crate” support: Scan the bottle and get to choose the container
- Introduction of empties voucher clearing system in order to avoid entry errors
- Rollout starting October 2019
- Optimisation of processes in the main office from 2020